Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Heroic Girl

I just realized how long it's been since I posted my last blog entry. As much as I love writing, it's easy to get distracted by other things. My goal is to stick with it and schedule time most days to post on my blog. It will be a personal victory.

Things have been busy at work, but they are going pretty well. I gave my students midterms, and we conducted interviews with candidates for several faculty positions. It's really easy to get caught up in all of the cares of life and form a cynical perspective of the world (one positive aspect of autism is that we may be better than most at shutting out negativity). In fact, I try to avoid the news and negative shows most of the time because they can be pretty upsetting (I also have to admit that being Mormon makes it easier to resist negative stimuli).

Despite all of the negativity we see in the news, tonight I just came across this story about an amazing girl who literally risked her life to prevent her younger sister from being hit by a truck. It really melted my heart. You really need to watch it. It will remind you how much good is still in the world today.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110323/ts_yblog_thelookout/nine-year-old-loses-leg-while-saving-little-sisters-life

No comments:

Post a Comment