Monday, March 14, 2011

Great Break

Last week was not a relaxing week, but it was truly amazing. After Mark and I got some new furniture on Tuesday, I left for Nauvoo, IL on Wednesday and participated in my first LDS temple baptism. It was an incredible experience. I stayed at the Willard Richards Inn, and I couldn't have picked a better place to stay. Everything was so authentic and beautiful. Karen, the innkeeper there, even showed me around Nauvoo and Carthage (which is where Joseph Smith and his brother Hyrum had been martyred). I had such a memorable time, and I can't wait to go back. People were surprised I went there by myself as it was time my first time there, but I was spiritually guided to do this, and it couldn't have turned out any better. If you like historical places, Nauvoo is an incredible town. Then, on Friday, a social worker conducted a home visit, as Mark and I are starting the adoption process. That home visit went so much better than I thought it would. It really gave me hope that Mark and I can be parents to a precious child.

It was such an amazing week, and I feel incredibly blessed. Today was pretty rough because I had slept over two hours past my alarm. It was amazing I was only 4 minutes late for class (many other interesting things happened today). But I survived, thanks to my Heavenly Father. When things got rough today, I called on Him, and He really took care of me. If more people trust Him, I think we'll all be much better off. Have a great night and a wonderful day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment