Friday, June 10, 2011

Been Away

Hi! Unfortunately I've been away from my blog for a long time. It's too easy to get distracted, but it's something I need to work on. We finished up the spring semester, and I've just started my summer semester classes. I've also finished the first class I needed to take for my Biostatistics Certificate at UCSD Extension.

This summer, we're staying here in Robinson. But that's probably a good plan. For the past three summers, too many changes have taken place and there has been a little too much excitement. But as I become spiritually more aware, I have been given the message by the Holy Spirit that the best thing for me to do is to appreciate things around me rather than always looking for something else to do. I think it is definitely worth changing some of my habits so I can live the way my Heavenly Father wants me to live. Some of my habits I am gradually changing are financial habits and my physical lifestyle. Today, I just registered for the Presidential Active Lifestyle Award (PALA). I am someone who is somewhat erractic about exercise, and I think the PALA may be what I need to stay motivated and consistent. To be eligible for the PALA as an adult, you need to exercise at least 30 minutes a day for five days. This must last for a duration of at least six weeks, which is good because hopefully it will become a lifestyle change by that point. I danced a total of 40 minutes and swam lightly for five (we went to the community pool). Then, I had to log in my activity, the intensity, and the duration of each session. It is very cool to receive points for exercising. You are on the honor system, but I feel that an award is only worth receiving if you actually earned it. I will also try to keep up with my blog a bit better and will relate my exercise for the day. Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment