Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Distraction

Hi! Sticking with the blog at this time is a real test for me. When I first begin something, I go full force, but once I skip more than a couple of days doing it, it's a challenge to go back. But I figure that even if no one is reading this, it is a personal victory for me to stick with it. It's so easy to get distracted with things, and I am usually the Queen of Distraction. Historically, once I have gotten distracted, I got discouraged and would give up. I tended to beat myself up over it, which decreased the likelihood I would ever do it again. To combat this, I would vow to never be distracted again, and I would obsess about it instead (until I got tired of it). But that's definitely a self-defeating cycle. I can "pause" from something every now and then and still have the  motivation to come back to it (even when no one is paying attention to it). This blog is a test of my resolve, and I plan to pass it.

No comments:

Post a Comment